TB0002 Moving Lien Writer to a New Computer
705 Pleasant Valley Road, PMB #108, Diamond Springs, CA 95619 (530) 622-1344 email@example.com
Program Name: Lien Writer®
Bulletin Title: Moving Lien Writer® to a New Computer
Bulletin No: TB0002
How To: How to set up Lien Writer® from an old computer to a new computer, including 32-bit to 64-bit systems
Sooner or later, computers, as machinery, fail. Or, you or your company may make a decision to upgrade your computers. In either case, you have to move your Lien Writer® program and files to a new computer. This can be far less stressful than you think.
The Lien Writer Installation Program.exe will install a base system one of two places. If you have a 32-bit computer, it will install on the computer at c:\program files\lien program. On 64-bit systems, the current 32-bit program will install at c:\program files (x86)\lien program. In the past, all programs installed at c:\programs files, but with the creation of 64-bit computers c:\program files is now reserved only for 64-bit programs. All 32-bit programs are stored in c:\program files (x86).
To move your Lien Writer® program to a new computer, use the following steps:
- Determine where your old Lien Writer® program is located. If you have a 32-bit system, it will be at c:\program files\lien program. If a 64-bit system, it will be c:\program files (x86)\lien program.
- Copy that lien program directory to someplace you can access it from the new computer.
- Determine what type of new computer you are copying to, 32-bit or 64-bit.
- If you have a 32-bit system, copy the lien program directory to c:\program files. If you have a 64-bit system, copy the lien program directory to c:\program files (x86), not c:\program files!!
- Run the latest Lien Writer Installation Program. It will know where to install the program on a 32-bit or 64-bit system. It will update the database automatically if put in the right location. And, if the data files are on a server, it will know where to update them, too.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create help files for the Qt Help Framework