Statement of Furnishing-Public Work

Warning: All information contained within this data base is subject to change at any time by the various states and is not guaranteed in any way by FWM Software., Nor does FWM Software assume any liability or responsibility for its content. Please use in conjunction with advice from your attorney.

Note: This information is limited in scope and applies only to this document. Please see the general information, all forms memo, and the general information memo for this type of document, for additional information.

Document Title: Statement of Furnishing Labor, Materials or Equipment

Scope: State of Kentucky, Public Works, All Public Claims

Important: Kentucky provides for two type of claims against public works depending if the property is privately or publicly held. This form may be suited to establish your claim in either case, but be sure to follow the correct proceeds for filing of your lien and bond claims. See the Kentucky Bond or Lien Claim, Public Work, memos for the appropriate action.

Time Constraints: To properly reserve a lien on state funds, a Kentucky Statement of Furnishing must be filed with the County Clerk's office before or immediately after the first furnishing of labor, materials or services. A copy of the Statement of Furnishing attested by the Clerk's Office must be then immediately served by certified mail or personal service on the owner or owner's authorized agent.

Payment Bond: Recovery on payment bonds is not covered by Kentucky statutes. You will have to obtain a copy of the bond, if any, to find its terms and conditions. The Statement of Furnishing will request this information.

Information Requirements: The information required by program and whether you intend to send an owner cover letter.

Form Types: Statement of Furnishing Labor, Materials Or Equipment, Exhibits A-D (if needed), Owner Letter (if used) and Recorder's Office letter.

Procedures: Enter the program data, including Additional Legal Parties or Releases for Other Companies. File with The County Clerk's (Recorder's) office of the county where the project is located. Copies of all of the attested (that is, stated with the County Clerk's stamp) forms (less the Owner Cover Letter and the Recorder Letter) must be sent to all public entities. Sending a copy to all general contractors, all lenders, all sureties or your customer is optional.

When in doubt, file lien claim immediately. 

Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create help files for the Qt Help Framework