Basic Requirements-Private Work


Warning: All information contained within this data base is subject to change at any time by the various states and is not guaranteed in any way by FWM Software. Nor does FWM Software assume any liability or responsibility for it's content. Please use in conjunction with advice from your attorney.


Note: This information is limited in scope and applies only to this document. Please see the general information, all forms memo, and the general information memo for this type of document, for additional information.


Document Title: Contract Insertion, Iowa


Scope: State of Iowa, Private Works, Residential Jobs.


Time Constraints: If you are a contractor who supplies residential jobs, it is suggested that this provision be added to your contracts.  If you are a subcontractor, material supplier or other supplier to the job, we strongly suggest it be added to any contract set up by the General or Direct contractor for the residential owner.  It is not necessary, however, for you to enforce a claim.


Language to be included in written contracts with the Residential Owner, suggested text: “Persons or companies furnishing labor or materials for the improvement of real property may enforce a lien upon the improved property if they are not paid for their contributions, even of the parties have no direct contractual relationship with the owner.”


Information Requirements: Program information and information for Exhibits A-D, any additional costs as to legal fees, court costs and interest charges (don't pass these up. Estimate if necessary. In the case of Bond Claims, the lenders or sureties will reserve ONLY the amount for which you make claim), and the county of the state where the recording will be made.


Form Types: Contact for services, residential jobs.


Procedures: Within the statutory time limits, prepare your documents using the required information. If you served the owner and prime contractor with a Preliminary Notice, you must also include a copy of the signed certified notice. File your lien claim, and send copies by certified mail immediately to the owner.

Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring environment