All States
Amended Lien Claim Form

Warning: all information contained within this data base is subject to change at any time by the various states and is not guaranteed in any way by FWM Software. Nor does FWM Software assume any liability or responsibility for it's content. Please use in conjunction with advice from your attorney.

Note: For specific information on a state filing, see the state listing for the appropriate document.
The following information covers all states for this generic form.

Document Type: This form is used to amend a Mechanic's Lien Claim by stating the amount the claim has increased since your original filing. It is most often used by subcontractors and equipment renters.

Simply choose Amended Lien Claim from the Print menu, and follow the instructions. The amended claim is preferable to a new claim as you can simply amended the current claim and send a copy to the owner as opposed to going to the effort of filing a new claim. Generally, it is a lot cheaper, too.

Scope: All States, Private Works Only. The following states have a statutory provision for amended lien claims: NJ

Time Constraints: You must file seeks to perfect your amended claim before the statutory time limit for perfecting, that is, filing suit upon, a private work Bond or Lien Clam for the state the project is performed within, runs out. Amending the claim does not increase the time limits. See the Bond or Lien Claim memo for the state you will be filing a claim within for more information on time limitations.

Information Requirements: (If Applicable):

Private Work: Name of the Owner Representative, County of Filing, Instrument or Document number, Book number, Page number, Lien Filing Date.

Public Work: No Amended Claims for Public works. Add new claim.

Form Types: Amended Mechanic's Lien, Exhibit A, the Notary form for the Notice of Extension and County Recorder’s Letter, if needed.

Procedures: After you have filed your private Mechanic’s Lien claim, but before the statutory time limit to perfect the lien has expired. Have the appropriate parties sign the document and have it notarized. You must then file the form with the county recorder's office in the county in the state where the project is located.

Important: This form is non-statutory in almost all states, but has been tested a number of times in court. Public policy would seem to support the intent of the document.

Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured EPub generator